Duck variants

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:20:47 -0000

Me:
> > Except for, very much IMG, at Duck Point. Where an
> incredibly mixed-up
> > mess of Duck and Orlanthi myths, plus intervention by
> Sartar as a Hero
> > of Issaries left them with Issaries as the Ruler and establisher of
> > Law, complete with Lawstaff....

LC:
> Hey Jane, do you have a write up of that? (Really, in any
> form.) I'd love to see it. It sounds hilarious.

It was both hilarious and very, very serious. I never used the word "twagic" myself, but it would have fitted in places.

But, no, AFAIK all I ever had was scribbled notes on the back of bits of paper. I keep intending to write this up, if only so as to restart that campaign, but it keeps not happening. What can I dredge from memory...?

I remember I was trying to both work out an overall structure for the place, and sort out the obscure cults the players were interested in. I'd read a lot of Sergio's work before starting. So Humakt got sorted, as did Vinga and Babeester Gor (goddess of midwives, for various good reasons). And Trickster. The Duck version of Trickster is interesting, because he's an accepted part of society, with a bonding ritual that ties him not to one individual chieftain, but to the Council of Grandmother Duck (did I say Issaries was the ruler? Well, sort of...). He's bound not to ever do any trick on another Duck, and then let loose to do what he will on humans. Among Ducks, Tricksters are common as entertainers.

If I find those notes, I'll see if I can make sense of them.