Re: Other Chieftain Gods

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:26:51 -0000

> Maybe not ordinarily. But if Lhankor Mhy was a clan chief in the
early
> myths, then that magic is *there*--you just have to heroquest for
it.
> The quest might be hard, and maybe the relevant myths are
forgotten in
> Heortling lands--but if the god was a chief once, his followers
can
> follow that path if they work hard enough.

Then again, in the clan creation section of Orlanth is Dead, the First Ancestor Clans are the Urlanthing, Urnalding, Dureving, and On Jorri. I sometimes doubt the First Ancestor Clans had chiefs - I think they were basically bloodlines. Orlanth, I think, is the First Chief - all other chiefs are imitating Orlanth.

Jeff