Re: Vanilla and other commodities

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:28:58 -0000

Woven goods is all I can think of. Woad (cf. Tracey Chevalier Lady & the Unicorn). Bronze? Difficult huh? However, the point can be illustrated by some googling:

"Wheat was the single most important commodity in the Ancient world. Almost every war that Rome engaged in was over the flow of grain, either to Rome itself or to one of her vassal states. The Roman Legionaires were proud to provide this vital service to the Empire and proudly wore these rings to signify that."

Also, isn't Dragon Pass the route to the sea? With the Opening, pretty much anything you can think of. Spices for sure.

> I think a great adventur could be made to disrupt "a valuable
convoy" that turns out to be
> something Orlanthi find quite unimpressive. :)

Blue wool. Has to be.

Sam.