Re: Telmori kings

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:31:20 -0000

> > Most folk are just scared witless by the Telmori. They are a
> >bunch of baby-eating monsters who in battle can turn into wolves
> >with hides that cannot be cut by bronze. And every Full Moon,
they
> > become such beasts involuntarily. They are not Heortlings, they
> >are not Orlanthi, they are not even men. Yet they are Sartarites.
>
> Indeed my players have the attitude that 'the only good Telmori is
> dead Telmori'. I tend to shorthand them as Robert Howard's Picts,
> the savage stone age tribes that live beyond the edge
of 'civilized'
> lands.

Good shorthand. I actually view them as packs of monsters that can take the form of men (rather than the reverse). They are untrustworthy, inhuman and murderous - but for whatever reason, they are total devoted to the House of Sartar. Other campaigns may be more sympathetic to the Telmori (as per the White Wolf Werewolf games), but mine isn't.

Jeff