Re: Issaries Fan Policy

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:44:40 +0000

Oliver Bernuetz:

>>>Hey. Issaries put up a new Fan submission policy on their site.
>>>
>>>http://www.glorantha.com/tribes/fan_policy.html
>>

>So what's it mean in the case of a fan website. Can we get an example?

A full set of such examples is apparently provided in Appendix C... which we haven't got yet. As far as I can tell, the absence of the appendices in the current version of the document means that it isn't actually possible to comply with the Policy just yet (for one thing, the address to send your submissions to is only listed in Appendix A), so we'll have to wait until they appear before doing anything. Presumably they'll appear in the next few days, since there's not a lot of point posting the Policy otherwise!

Still, from my reading of the document, any web-page that you may be considering posting to your site (or any significant changes to an existing web-page that you already have), must be submitted to Issaries for approval, who then have the right to bar you from posting it. You may also have to change the wording of the legal disclaimer on your site (although what it is to be changed to seems to be in Appendix A, so, again, we may have to wait a few days to see what - if any - changes there are to that), but that is hardly onerous! Obviously, things get a bit hairier if you're using actual or modified maps, text, etc. from published sources on your website, but I don't think that applies to most Fan sites.

Such is what I can make out from reading the thing, anyway. IANAL and all that...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic