Re: Carmanian Humakti (was Yanafal Tarnils)

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:14:17 GMT

In message <423EC8C8.30791.4934CA_at_localhost> "Light Castle" writes:

>On 21 Mar 2005 at 19:16, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:
>
>> Yes, but what does it mean on the practical level. It's not like the
>> Heorling's can see that the carmanian have a different affinity. That's
>> just game-mechanics detail. I assume the Carmanian's are brutal and
>> pragmatic, without the Heorling Humakti's honour-code, but is there
>> more?
>
>I'm not sure there is. There certainly seems to be an emphasis on combat
>itself (combat and battle as affinities) more than Orlanthi Humakt. So
>maybe for a Carmanian Humakti, it's all about being the perfect warrior,
>while for Orlanthi it is about the role of Death in the world?

My view is that it's not Carmenian Humatki are dishonourable but that Orlanthi ones are *obsessively* honourable. If the latter make a promise they will fulfill it not matter what, even if they find out it's not a good idea at all. Of course they then may decide that the person who misled them should die.

The other thing is that they *never* lie or even distort the truth as they see it. Which causes no end of problems in trade or politics, as well as ordinary life.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/