Re: Issaries Fan Policy

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:38:29 -0000

To be honest, while some may be hoping for specific responses, in many cases this is about sharing perspectives and concerns.

> The 'for profit' publishers I am sure already reach
> agreements with Issaries anyway. So in fact the position has not
> really changed that much IMO.

Actually, the situations has changed quite sharply. For a start, although firm announcements will obviously await a final resolution, I can tell you here and now that you won't be seeing any more standalone books like SoK or IWS from UW. This is not to register any kind of complaint -- II have every right to protect their IP -- but to note that everything may not be quite as "chill" as you suggest.

All the best

Mark