Re: Gloranthan Fiction

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:53:13 -0000

Jane wrote:

>> Hurrah! So I can still write new myths of "Issaries and Raw
>> Greed", or "Issaries and the Goose that Laid the Golden
>> Eggs", for my website. (I wonder where I can find the inspiration).

> But that refers to "Issaries", a Gloranthan character (not to mention
> a trademark), and is hence not Wholly Original. That's the trouble,
> to be Wholly Original it looks like you can't use any existing
> Gloranthan material, places, names, anything. In which case, why
> bother?

Loth though I am to defend the insidious and onerous Policy, it's clear (to my non-legalistic reading, and my advice is worth exactly what you paid for it) from section 2.E. Concept Use that you can use Gloranthan characters in your own Original Material.

(Issaries himself, being a trademark as well as a character, is an interesting case... guess I'll use him to test the waters).

Cheers, Nick