Re: Masters of Luck and Death

From: Manuel MOLINIER <astaroth.maillist_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:55:25 +0100

For me I like to have those numbers for references and to get a general idea of the balance. I would not mind to have them in annexe or even online for reference. Definitly not a loss of space for beginners.

Manuel

>From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>

>(And I'd really not rather hear the old caveat "you just make your own
>numbers")

  Hmmm. I think the "caveat" is actually, "make up numbers that make the Hero   Band fit your game." Basically hero bands will be used in one of two roles.   Either they'll be for the heroes to join, or for opposition to be members.   In either case, you're going to have to tailor the numbers to fit your game,   or risk messing up with the pacing of your game.

  So I kinda appreciated the notion of not including numbers that I'd just   have to ignore to use the band properly anyhow. In fact, I think that all   publications should have less stats in them (I'd really wish that they'd   almost never post contests, for example - that's a complete waste of space   in almost every case).

  Mike

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor