Humakt and the Ducks

From: reinierd_at_...
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 06:14:46 -0000

Thanks, John, for another interesting post.

I have a few questions regarding the ducks. As ridiculous as they can be, they are IMHO one of Glorantha's more interesting twists (just keeping things unpredictable). They way they were portrayed in KoDP was particularly fun (thanks Dave D).

One of the characters I am writing up for HW is a Humakti who left his clan after they dishonorably duelled with the ducks. He subsequently indentured himself to the ducks to make up for the clan's dishonor, and gained a Duck Sword Lord (or whatever they're called now) as a mentor. Does this sequence of events have any serious flaws as far as Gloranthan Duck culture/history is concerned?

I thought it might be interesting to ally a character with the Ducks since 1) they are fun, 2) they are amazing swords-, er, men, and 3) it provides plenty of conflicts and scenario hooks going forward. I had no idea the duck hunts are coming up, but now I think it would be fantastic to have a couple of duck followers to make things really inconvenient.