Re: Fruit Bat

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 09:16:02 EST

Guy Hoyle:

<< Is Rinliddi plagued by normal vampire bats? Or maybe even vampires?>>

     It certainly has bats of some type (though probably not fruit bats!) but whether any of them are vampire bats I'm not sure. There certainly could be some, but equally, given that Mahaquata is the goddess of death, there's nothing to stop her being a bloodsucker even if there aren't any 'natural' bloodsucking bats in the area!

     FWIW, all pictures I've seen of the Crimson Bat have it looking nothing like a fruit bat, even allowing for all the extra eyes and stuff. Personally, I assumed the original poster was making a joke, not stating some known piece of 'truth', but perhaps that's just me.

Trotsky