Re: Re: HeroQuest

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:52:25 +0000

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 06:10:31 -0000, Jeff wrote:

>> The Games Workshop IP Policy is here, BTW:
>> http://www.games-workshop.com/ippolicy.htm
>>
>> Cheers, Nick
>
>Yep. That's exactly it, Nick. And that policy is... draconian.

But it's very easy to understand. Genuinely. I read that and while I could see that there were a lot of things I wouldn't be able to do, in the unlikely event of my wanting to do them, I could see exactly why the policy was there and what it would mean to me, and why it wasn't actually in my interest to do what the hell I wanted with their ideas.

I suspect that the Issaries policy is a much better expression in legal terms as to what's on and what's not, but because it's written in legal terms it alienates where it should engage.

Then again, GW haven't got billions out of 14 year olds paws without knowing how to talk to them.