RE: Old Uleria write-up

From: paul_at_...
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:57:36 +0100

asolovay_at_... wrote:

> Norbert Franz [mailto:norbert.franz1_at_...]
> >
> > "Most stories about the goddess are sensual and _chotic_."
>
> Maybe "chthonic", i.e. "of or relating to the underworld"? It doesn't
> seem to really match Uleria, but it *is* a Greggish kind of word, yes?

I think I understand now - it is meant to be "erotic", but I don't think that it is a typographical error. It IS the sort of error we would expect to see from using OCR on scanned text - 'c' and 'e' are pretty close in shape and while getting 'h' from 'r' is a bigger stretch but possible, especially if the scan or the original were of low quality.