Re: Telmori of Sartar to appear in my game

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:29:32 -0000

>I also think there is a great opportunity for the Lunars to "turn"
>the Telmori.

However the Lunar response to the loss of their Maboder allies was so brutal as to probably preclude this. One intepretation of history would be that Imperial tactics involve scapegoating minorty groups in Sartar, allying with the fractious tribes by identifying a common enemy. Hence the war against the wolfmen and the duck pogrom. One side benefit is the clearance of such land for lunar settlement, in many cases without too many tears shed by the twenty-four tribes. It's certainly not an unknown political gambit in our history - unite your own factionalized people by appealing to their hatred of a common enemy. In fact it could be interpreted as what Tarkalor tried with the Kitori when Sartar was destablized by the emerging Yelmalio cult.

But I suspect we are getting to the point when this becomes too digesty - we need a more sophisticated way of categorizing threads within one interface - so folks can break out more detailed discussion; something closer to the Forge or rpg.net