RE: Re: Language

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:03:15 +0100

Sam:
> Someone said Americans couldn't understand the Yorkshirese in
> All Creatures...well, as a namby-pamby English sootherner,
> I've got news for you :-)

And as another southern a bit further south than Sam, I understood that fine, but need subtitles for Glaswegians, and would like them for Eastenders (if I wanted to watch it, that is, which fortunately I don't).

Personally I tend in gaming towards "silly accents" rather than difficulty in comprehension. Accents give colour. So to my mind every tribe and probably every clan in Sartar has their own accent and idioms. It's just another form of individuality, like tattoos and cloak colour.