Re: Makabaeus sorcerers

From: Norbert Franz <norbert.franz1_at_...>
Date: 03 Apr 2005 23:59 GMT

"Paul Andrew King" <paul_at_...> wrote:

> I don't think that the Makabaean school is
> "marginalised" - I would say that compared to most
> Sorcery schools they are very well integrated into the
> mainstream of society.

You're probably correct, Paul.
I just felt that they were among the "keywords" that for some reason got easily overlooked in Hero Wars.

While the keyword abilities and traditional grimoires of Makabaeus might look a bit limited at first, what caught my attention was the little paragraph in HW that said the Makabaeus order was also a type of intelligence agency: they gather knowledge from all foreign grimoires that the Empire gets their hands on. In my game, somebody from the Makabaeus order is bound to wind up in Esvular, researching Aeolian grimoires.

That just hit me last night... Esvular is southern Heortland, and Heortland has been newly occupied.