Re: Runes - what do they mean now?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:32:29 +1200

John Galloway wrote:

>Do gods (and greater otherworld entities in general) still have runes
>which represent the nature of the powers they wield and/or
>encapsulate? If so how do you determine what they are?

Yes. Look at the affinities.

>[According to this scheme Yelmalio's runes would be Death
>and Light but I could have sworn he had Truth in there somewhere.]

Perhaps the combat affinity should be truth instead? Would explain why he's crap in combat.

>Now that each entity seems to have a rune that personally represents
>them can they be assumed to 'own' that rune?

No, because these runes are composites of the core runes.

>If so this would have
>Ernalda owning Earth, Orlanth owning Air/Storm, Mastakos owning
>Movement, Chalana Arroy owning Harmony, Erumal owning Disorder,
>Humakt owning Death, Issaries owning Communication (or whatever it is
>called), and Lhankor Mhy owning Truth (as per Thunder Rebels and
>Storm Tribe).

Ernalda does own Earth, Orlanth Air/Storm, Mastakos Movement, Chalana Harmony, Humakt Death and Eurmal Disorder. Nobody holds Communication (Issaries might have but he sold the surplus to Argan Argar) and Truth is the property of Dayzatar.

Other rune owners:      Magasta Sea
                         Yelm            Fire
                         Subere          Darkness
                         Uleria          Life