RE: Dr. Whood?

From: Silburn, Luke <luke.silburn_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:43:30 +0100

>>Well if you like Dr Who, and don't mind that it has been updated in
>>terms of both the look and the "feel" then you should enjoy it. And that's
>>really the standard to judge it by, I think.

I liked the first two, they were very pacey and made enough nods to the old series without being overwhelmed by them - there were some good jokes as well and, whilst they don't have the effects budget of cinema, the FX money goes a lot further than it did a couple of decades ago. Chris Eccleston is a good Doctor so far - a good mix of playful eccentricity and slightly scary intensity.

The first two episodes did a story each in their 'one hour'* slot, which is an interesting deviation from the old format of running stories across 4-6 'half hour'** slots. I'll be interested to see if they'll be doing longer stories across two or more eps.

Regards
Luke

*Actually ~45 mins, but it will be an hour on networks which are advertising funded