Hong Kong movie The Legend of Zu

From: Norbert Franz <norbert.franz1_at_...>
Date: 08 Apr 2005 03:47 GMT

Hello all,

I don't have the knowledge to discuss Doctor Who with you, but I just finished watching one of the recommended movies from the HeroQuest rulebook's "filmography". In this case, it was Tsui Hark's The Legend of Zu
(not to be confused with Zu Warriors, which I believe is a
much earlier film).

To make it short, I was undoubtedly impressed. I did not even recognize Sammo Hung in his make-up. I felt so sorry for the tiny red fairy ... what was she all about?
Zhang Zi Yi rocks in that movie, as does Ekin Cheng as the leading man. To me, watching movies in Cantonese with sometimes crude English subtitles can be wearying, but this one was worth the money many times over!

For those of you who have never seen "Legend of Zu": In that one, EVERY character is a mystic immortal
(as opposed to an immortal mystic), right down to
everybody in the supporting cast. It is lightyears faster and more colorful than, say, A Chinese Ghost Story Pt.1.

As for some of those weapons ... the 72-Blades and the Moon Orb, ah well... I definitely have to make notes and save them for later use.