Re: Orlanth cares

From: jeff.kyer_at_...
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 01:48:40 -0000

No. Kin is only your personal clan at most. And usually, for the purposes of kinstrife, is your own bloodline -- the people you are related to by blood and marriage only.

> Sartarite to be "kin", in a sense, at least compared to some
invading Lunar,
> in which case wouldn't Orlanth care if you're a Lunar sympathizer?

If you offer sacrifice to him, he doens't care. The gods aren't really capable of free will, afterall.

> In a clan raid situation, I could see saying "that clan is not our
(close)
> kin", justifying being able to attack them without kinstrife, but
that clan
> IS kin when it comes to picking sides between them and the Lunars,
isn't it?
> They're Heortlings too.

They are not _your_ kin. You're thinking like a nationalist here. Think clan or tribal. Until recently, most folks regarded the people from the next valley over as their dire enemies and anyone from farther away as 'not important'

Jeff