Re: Hero Points

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:13:25 +0100

Mark:

>I'd be interested
>in getting a wider sense of the balance between wastrels such as us
>(who thus advance rather slowly) and hoarders who keep as many as they
>can for buying up their abilities. A purely unscientific estimate is
>that about 20% of HP earned in our group and spent on advancement. What
>kind of ratios do other groups have?

I have only played 6 sessions with my current group (slightly less than one per month), but so far my character has gained a total of 20 hero points, of which 16 have been used in buying up my abilities, giving him a best ability of 1w. So, 80% spent on advancement would be my estimate.

So far as I can tell, the proportion is a little higher among the other players - I always keep 3 points in reserve at the start of each session, but they rarely have more than 1 available, with all the rest having been spent on advancement. Two of the characters have yet to spend a single hero point in-game, that I can recall.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic