Re: Re: Hero Points

From: Norbert Franz <norbert.franz1_at_...>
Date: 28 Apr 2005 23:39 GMT

"vacuumdecay" <HughLong_at_...> wrote:

One thing I've thought of but haven't tried yet is to divide the improvement costs by 3. So a player could either get one bump up during play or improve three abilities by +1. This way I could be stingy with handing out points but still get a signifigant rate of progress from the player characters.

I am not sure I would do that, to be honest with you. In fact, I'd consider the opposite in my group. Even though the difference between an ability at 17 and an ability at 18 does not look like a big deal on the character sheet, I still believe a permanent increase is worth more than one bump.

Bumping to a critical at a crucial moment in play is a novelty that I did not know before Hero Wars, but in my group, so far everybody ignored bumping and rather spent points on ability improvements.