Re: Hero Points

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:19:46 -0000

> How about Buffy and Angel? They both have major
> character obtaining new abilities, training up
> existing abilities, gaining and resolving character
> flaws, obtaining followers and sidekicks, and
> maintaining relationships. I can't really think of
> any others, so maybe the are exceptions.

Here's a few other examples - Deadwood (the HBO series) has several examples of characters improving abilities and obtaining new abilities as the series develops. And it is starts the first series with a genuine, first-rate hero, who just wants to die. A one-shot movie that pops into mind is Unforgiven, where William Munny (the Clint Eastwood character) starts as a man who can barely ride his horse and is a lousy shot rediscovers himself as a man who was always lucky when it comes to killing folk.

Jeff