Why the Ducks *will* win

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:39:58 +0100

> Jens

> Now back to your regularly scheduled HeroQuest- how about the
> definition of
> common magic and the role of misapplied worship amongst the
> scattered duck tribes of Prax?

Well, we used to be told that the Ducks on the Zola Fel had come there as refugees from Sartar, post-1613. And that prior to that, Ducks were unknown in the area. This gave rise to some interesting speculation about how the Sun-worshippers in the area (to whom anything feathered has religious significance) regarded them. It only takes one isolated, ignorant village, led by a fanatical-but-not-all-that-bright priest (any of them in Sun County?) to go "Our gods are come amongst us!" and any Duck Bandit worth their beetroot will be taking advantage.

I'd expect most Ducks would be on the Zola Fel, and joining whatever that cult looks like these days (did the Pavis series ever do a HQ re-write for the Zola Fel?)

Ducks elsewhere in Prax seem unlikely to me. Desert. Ducks. Not quite their prefered environment. Maybe a few sploshing around in oases?