Re: Orlanth cares

From: tim_at_...
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:16:27 -0000

Well one would have thought so, and largely disinterested parties (like me) will always hope that English teams do better than Scottish or Irish ones, that British teams do better than non-british teams and Midland teams outperform the northerners and southerners. But a fanatical supporter will always get a kick out of his hated rivals team going down against any opposition - which explains why

> On the other hand, there is no doubt that many hearts are gladdened
> when Man U. takes a beating at anyones hand.

Despite, or even Because of that, I would agree with you

> I think the footie team analogy is right on.

That's why Sartar could unite the Tribes - We may not like Colymar, but at least they worship Orlanth... It's also what can lead to a hero band turning up on the other side of Sartar to "Help our distant kin in their hour of need". It doesn't mean that we've forgotten our feud with those no-good Varmandi though, nor will it stop us raiding the Black Oak Clan if they are foolish enough to leave their cattle unguarded....