Re: Larnsti Brotherhood

From: Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:04:19 -0700 (PDT)

I got this wierd idea that they might practice mysticism...

"Hendreik taught his chosen followers the secrets of Larnste -
that by remaining unfettered in thought and soul, no one could ever
subdue them."

Could they be a wierd mystic cult hiding out in the Heortlings?

Refute Bonds, Refute Terrain, Refute Kinship, Refute Slavery...

illumination?

t.

> At 11:09 AM 6/1/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >Ok. So what the heck is the Larnsti Brotherhood?
>
> >are they a heroband, a cult, a mystic group?
>
> A cult with several different schools ranging from
> magical (such as Soul arranging) to political
> (such as anti-slavery). Some schools have
> become isolated from the Brotherhood such
> as Mastakos and, in historical times, the
> Heortland nobility.
>
> >I mean,
> >I know they have a connection to Larnsti, to the
> >Hendriki, etc. but what makes a member stand out?
> >how do we write down their 'freedom powers?'
>
> An affinity with different feats depending on which
> school one studies with. One can (and is expected
> to) change from school to school but change does
> involve leaving something behind as well as learning
> new stuff. Thus when changing schools, a Larnsti
> will probably give up a feat never to use it again.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> HeroQuest-RPG-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Discover Yahoo!
Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/