Re: Larnsti Brotherhood

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:36:34 -0000

really? This is good stuff, but alas too late for my game!! Oh no, I think I have been Gregged, and I never knew!! hahaha. Unfortunately my reading is fairly narrow, Glorantha, Malory and Tolkein so I was basing my stuff on what I thought were the western influences in that area. Also High-King and Pendragon meaning High-  I guess I was thinking about what I thought Greg meant. Adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 42 so to speak!

Still, my example is the sort of thing a poor GM can do when pressed in the absence of canon.

I look forward to the material when it comes out - will you be writing it Jeff.

Regards
Rob
wrote:
> FWIW, a few months ago Greg and I did a fair amount of pondering
> about the history of Second and Third Age Heortland, the
Hendreiki,
> and the Larnsti Brotherhood. Hendreik the Free brought together
> many godtalkers and magicians and taught them the secrets of
Larnste
> (the god of Change) so that they could adapt to instability and
keep
> their freedom.
>
> Hendreik's "brotherhood" is the Larnste Brotherhood - in a way
kind
> of like the Fianna of Fionn mac Cumhail (or for those of you
> drinking in the days before Neil Robinson's wedding, Finn
MacCool).
> They are definitely not knights or western.
>
> FWIW, Broyan is definitely not a feudal king - he's king of a
> people, not a place. By 1617, he proves himself High King of the
> Hendreiki - the Last Free Orlanthi. In some ways, he's a reborn
> Hendreik Freeman.
>
> Jeff
>
> PS. A canonical description and history may come sooner than you
> might think.....
>
> wrote:
> > And for an example of my personal, I should say, typical pulp
> answer
> > to the mysteries of Glorantha, IMG in Whitewall they were a band
> of 25
> > Knights who were charged with the protection of the King.
Knights