Re: Freedom of Mind and Spirit was Larnsti Brotherhood

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 19:46:33 -0000

> Ok. That makes some sense. No slavery = freedom.
> Now that I've read stuff about 'mastering the movement
> rune' it seems to me that the 'real' Larnsti
> Brotherhood types have powers mostly from Heroquesting
> to gain identification with the Rune itself rather
> than 'just' worshiping Larnste. The 'sherrifs' might
> be at a lower level of identification.

Based on discussions with Greg, it seems the Andrinic reforms really were an attempt to usurp and replace the role of the Larnsti. As a result of the Volsaxar rebellion, Andrin's reforms never fully changed the Hendreiki and his plans to usurp the Larnsti-created roles of governance did not work. Although he replaced the Jondalarings and the Hurlant with the Earldoms of Karhend and Gardufar, appointing sheriffs instead of elected chiefs, these reforms never got the Larnsti effect into them. Only the Esvulari (who were never Hendreiki) fully embraced the reforms and their core Malkioni ways.

Jeff