Re: Kings of Heortland

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 22:49:08 -0000

> Nothing in particular, I suppose. It's just that something colourful
and
> heroic is being lost, and that's always a shame.

But I don't think it was the right color or heroism. And sometimes it is good to edit out the temptation to make every event heroic or significant. Besides, after Orngerin dies, all hell (literally) breaks loose on Heortland. With the Pharaoh gone, the Holy County is like Yeats' Second Coming:
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst Are filled with passionate intensity.

Jeff