RE: Re: Larnsti Brotherhood

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 07:49:27 +0100

> Not just a modern distinction. In the Roman legions of the late republic
> and early empire the centurions were long-service men who had come up
> through the ranks, while the military tribunes were upper-class types
> serving their stint as part of their career.
>
> Andrew

And I've tended to assume that there is (or at least can be) this sort of distinction in the Lunar army, too. Partly because the Lunar army I know is very heavily Roman in bias, partly just because it makes for fun gaming. The very young and inexperienced officer (PC) with the very experienced centurion NPC/sidekick. Yes, it's a cliché. And why not?