RE: Those Ker-razy Romans (Was Re: Larnsti Brotherhood)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:03:29 +0100

> > But would this model apply to ALL territories/cults? For example,
> in our game the Leaders of Sartarite "regiments" would invariably be
> Carls or Clan Cheiftans, ergo devotees (at least) of Orlanth Rex,
> while the majority of his men would be thunderous/adventurous. Are
> subcults a factor in what you are saying?
>
> Er... I'm not entirely sure how to answer that [well, actually, a
> straight 'No' would do :)];

I'd agree with that.

> but I'm *really* not the best person to
> speak on Heortling matters!

Not that that ever stops anyone else...

I think the point is that the "regimental" model under consideration was never even concieved as applying to the Orlanthi. It was mainly concerned with the Lunars, and other comparatively "civilised" cultures.

Romnas = Lunars, maybe, a bit, after a fashion. Enough that we can consider borrowing ideas. I don't thnk anyone's ever suggested that the Orlanthi bear much resemblance to the Romans.