RE: Those Ker-razy Romans (Was Re: Larnsti Brotherhood)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:31:19 +0100 (BST)

> The warband may have Destor, Finovan, Vangarth,
> Vingkot Champion,
> Ormalaya and Tatouth from the Orlanth subcults.
> Humakt, Elmal,
> Yinkin, Vinga, Maran Gor, Babeester Gor and Urox
> from the rest of
> the Storm Tribe. Then the fyrd will be led by either
> Dar or Starkval.
> Try and get even some of those fighting styles
> working together....

"No-one can make you do anything..."

Even if they were all the same sub-cult, Orlanthi are individualists.

> So while many Kheldon Vingans follow Kallyr in
> preference to their
> own chiefs I think that's exceptional and doesn't
> represent the normal way tribes organise.

That's exceptional for two reasons - one is Kallyr's personal "pull", the other is Vingans and others who want to fight the Lunars a lot more than their own clan is willing to tolerate. So they go and do so elsewhere. I'm sure other tribes than the Kheldon do the same sort of thing, it's just that they have a less obvious focus, or a focus who's less obviously specific to that tribe.

Jane Williams