RE: Re: Winter Animist Practice or Tradition

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:15:42 -0500

>From: "Rob" <robert_m_davis_at_...>

>I wonder if the Praxians have a 'winter spirits animist practice/
>tradition'?

As I understand it, in fact, the Praxians have a sort of acreted tradition, if you will, meaning that its composed of a jumble of spirits just added in as they're found. To be technical, they don't even have any centralizing Great Spirits - just two core practices of two majestic spirits.

The point being that I think that's a resounding yes. While most of Prax doesn't seem very prone to winter, I'll bet somebody here can tell us about a tribe that lives in the mountains to the north who I'd think would definitely have such. Where, precisely do the Bison folks range? Perhaps there's a clan of them that comes down from up north. I'd be surprised if they didn't have some winter spirit practice.

That said, it doesn't sound like a common practice - but perfect for a maverick PC. I'd play the concept...

If the character is from more southerly Prax, well then I'm not sure that they'd even have winter spirits there, no?

Mike