Re: Re: Winter Animist Practice or Tradition

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:35:07 +0100 (BST)

> I think this particular discussion belongs on the
> Digest. While the
> question about how Inora is worshipped is
> game-relevant, IMO, the
> discussion of whether Elmal is or is not Yelmalio is
> much less so.

Certainly, and agreed. Can we accept, perhaps, even without examples that Peter would no doubt deny exist, that if you wish to "prove" that two entities are or aren't identical (such as Inora and the White Princess), then HQing is the normal way of doing it, and the results will be localised, controversial, and subject to contradiction as soon as someone with a stronger hero (or army) comes along?

So Clan X follows the White Princess as a spirit, they know she's a spirit, she's always been a spirit.

Clan Y worships Inora as a goddess - same situation.

If X and Y meet and compare notes, then they *may* (especially if one of them's Lunar!) note similarities, and try to "prove" that WP is Inora, and the other clan are Doing It Wrong. And how Inora/WP's magic works for those two clans will from that point on depend on the successes of their HQers. Probably, they'll both lose by the conflict. Clan Z, down the road, won't notice a thing.

Jane Williams