Teshnos related questions: Lunars, Ashurtans?

From: Santo Sengupta <Santo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:27:46 -0400

To the sages of the list:

I've just started up a Lunar campaign (with six Gloranthan newbies.. woohoo!), and they have all decided that they want to go to Teshnos and preach the word of the Red Goddess.

I have two questions:
1) It seems to me that Teshnos, of all the Heroquest Voices, had the most friendly opinion about the Red Moon. "The Red Moon is a great being of the Fourth World, an example of a higher state of being that can be obtained by the residents of the world of men." Though the Teshnans consider everything outside of Teshno to be impure in some form (unflamed), this is still a lot better than the "Run away! Chaos!" response of most other peoples.

I am sure the average Teshnan would be rather polite and willing to listen to a Lunar Missionary, but I am more concerned about how the hierarchy of priests and zitrs would react to such a thing. I already intend for the PC's to get uses as proxies in some kind of inter-temple squabble, however, I am unsure which Teshnan cults would be most friendly and which would be most opposed to the Red Goddesses message of inclusion. ("We Are All Us, baby.")

2) I am fascinated the Fallen Sky Antigod race of the Ashurtans. I've done a little research on them on the web, and know that hail from the mythical city of Churanpur, and that they fell from Heaven to Earth during the Storm/Darkness ages of the Godtime. (from http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/LandofVithela.htm). I've also read the stuff about them in G:itHW, in which they are noted to traffick with evil spirits and foul sorceries.

Is there any more information about them? I am more interested in what they look like, how they act, and roughly how powerful they are. Are they roughly equivalent to humans? Are they as powerful as other denizens of the Sky World, like the Certamus from Anaxial's Roster?

Thanks in advance for any responses. If this question is better served on the Glorantha list, I will forward it there as well.

Sincerely yours.
-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."