Re: Split Party

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:20:32 -0500

>From: Santo Sengupta <Santo_at_...>

>The problem that I have with splitting a party of PC's is the "sitting
>around waiting for the other group to finish" factor.

One technique to look into is "scene framing." That is, cut the action down into smaller chunks, and switch back and forth between groups. That way there's no uncertainty about the play coming back together, and wondering when it's going to be your turn. Once you have some experience with this, you can time it so that nobody ever really has to wait all that long to get involved.

Mike