Re: Inora/Whitey

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:54:22 -0000

> > But while the people don't know the numbers,
> > the higher ups DO go on HeroQuests and such.
> > I don't like the idea of it being so obvious
> > what an entity "really" is.

I think the issue here is because we have rulebooks and data that the folk of Glorantha have. For example, (YGWV) most heortlings don't travel more than 5 miles from their home. They may go to a city a couple of times, but thats it.

Also, I don't think folks compare notes. They get let into the secrets of the magical society they enter. They are not going to go around discussing them with all and sundry, let alone foreigners. For example the traditions and ways of rastafarians is alien and unknown to me - and I can count a couple of rastafarians as friends.

I think its been said before, but the only folks who approached Gloranthan magic the way players and Gm's do is the God Leaners.

Another thing is the issue of balance. Whilst I will not impose misapplied worship to my players (MGWV) I will play the rest of the world like that because I like to follow relatively closely Gregs vision of Glorantha more or less. Not everyone is effective, and a lot of people miss the point. I think HQ syas that, and I go along with it.

There is also a tendency amongst us (and I am as guilty as anyone) of wanting everything to fit in its box, and know the empirical explanation to everything. However life isn't like that. Sometimes its interesting when the world does things that can't be explained.

Just a point of view,

Best regards
Rob