Re: misapplied worship

From: Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:19:02 -0700 (PDT)

Well, Aeolians have the Western blessings to work with. If you're a basic Aeolian peasant, you get more basic goodies for all parts of your life... a +2 or so to everything you would normally do all week. It's not as good for heroics, but for being a normal schmo, you lead a better life. There are advantages to wizardry. And Aeolians are better at synchretism... a new Saint can come from ANY pantheon of gods, whether it was originally a troll god, a light god or a storm god. the Essence versions can't fight each other... the community remains harmonious.

I don't know. I find those Aeolians fascinating.

t.

> See, that makes perfect sense to me. I don't mind
> misapplied worship in
> that sense. Indeed, that kind of situation is
> exactly when I think it
> makes perfect sense.
>
> I think the problem I have is something like the
> Aeolian church, which
> really does seem to fall into a "you're entire
> religion is wrong" thing,
> which I don't see in any other situation in
> Glorantha. The problem is
> that that is our main example in the rulebook of
> misapplied worship.
>
> (On another note, I think we've temporarily beaten
> this issue into the
> ground. *grin* )
>
> LC
>

> On Sat, 2005-25-06 at 14:37 -0700, Tony Davis wrote:
> > I use missaplied worship to add capabilities. So
> if I
> > wanted to have an extra spirit practice here or an
> > extra initiation there, it could add on without
> making
> > me switch my concentrations. The Aeolian wizard
> finds
> > out the truth about a new god and it becomes St.
> New
> > God... and there's another grimoire out there. It
> > costs more... but my other grimoires still 'cost
> > less.'
> >
> > t.
> >

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> HeroQuest-RPG-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! Sports
Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com