Re: Counter-insurgency and Guerilla

From: pascal milhau <pascal.milhau_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:37:22 +0100

> > And let's remember, there has been only one or two successful counter
> insurgency wars in all the military history that I am aware of.
>
> The Albigensian Crusade.

Sory, it was more a conquest war led by northern lords in search of pillage and fame than counter insurgency. The Albigensians didn't had people support and reprensented only a few pourcents of the population. Politicaly it can be seen as a covered (and successfull) attempt of the French king to a) Stop the rising of the counts of Toulouse b) Counter the power of the House of Aragon in the south of France.

Nothing of a people's war.