Re: potatoes

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 16:43:39 -0000

> > pizza will be a Pelandan invention...
> > Brilliant!

I second that! Presumably, the Pelandans have long baked flat dough cakes seasoned with olive oil and herbs, but thanks to the Kalikos and his defeat of winter, the moon-potato flourishes in the Oronin vale and is a favorite addition to the Pelandan flat cakes. Mmmmm.....

> And FWIW, when writing the Pelandan characters for Birth of
> the Goddess, most of them I was basing mentally around an Italian
> archetype...

I imagined them to be the "mysterious Etruscans" of the Lunar Empire. Close enough!

Jeff