runnin' away from the rat race ...

From: Michael Jason Teegarden <mjteegarden_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:08:33 -0700 (PDT)

well, there are many, many reasons why people in _our_ world have "chosen" to move away from more hospitable climes to less-than-hospitable lands. population pressure, war, religious issues/persecution, famine, disease/plague, and economics have all played roles in migration. generally speaking, if a large group of people could survive by some means in a relatively inhospitable place, they have done so.

as far as Glorantha goes, all these reasons might apply, and then some - all these reasons might be made worse or more urgent, and the different ages have added more pressures. bring in magic, even common magic, and your survivability chances might increase.

> I've never understood why people choose to live in
> places where it is
> so cold that they have to bring all their farm
> animals inside
> buildings for the winter! I mean, good grief.

michael jason teegarden

Sell on Yahoo! Auctions � no fees. Bid on great items. http://auctions.yahoo.com/