Re: Kolatis' daily bread?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:02:56 -0800

Bryan

> In the rules it states that shaman's typically spend about 60% of
> their time in shamanic duties. While much of this time is spent
> improving their poweres, much is also spent providing spirits to
> their supporters.

Much of this time would be spent maintaining their powers, not improving them. There's probably a certain amount of scouting -- I imagine finding spirits is a lot more like hunting than like farming. Sure, there are places of power, but just like a cave might be home to marmot one season and a bear the next, things may change, and you have to keep aware.

> would it be right and proper to use the feats you derive
> from Orlanth to help your uncle the shaman? Would it be reasonable
> for him to pay you back with a one use fetish? Or is that simply not
> done, for cultural or mystical reasons?

"Kolat is accepted by the storm pantheon," so I think this is OK -- especially if it's your uncle. If it wasn't, people would be mighty suspicious. Would you accept a magic item that a foreigner says is going to help you?

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein