sartar

From: markmohrfield_at_...
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 15:35:19 -0000

>>I really have to doubt this. If Sartar was a superhero, then
he would have a _much_ wider influence than the Quivini nation that he creates. Look at what Harrek gets up to. He visits almost every place on the lozenge. JarEel has already done dramatic things from Eastpoint to the Red Lands to the Holy Country and there's heaps more to come. Arkat lays waste to half the continent and is probably a second prophet of sorts in Safelster. Harmast has done the Lightbringer quest twice which Sartar only has partially done. Sartar just quite simply isn't in their league.

--Peter Metcalfe<<

I don't think this rules out the possibility that Sartar is a superhero (it doesn't prove that he is one either, of course) . Remember that some people are great heroes precisely because they choose NOT to use their power. George Washington comes to mind as a RW example, he chose not to become a monarch. Likewise Heortlings might regard Sartar as a superhero because he chose not to become a Dara Happan style emperor.

                                                Mark Mohrfield