Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense was RE: Eurmali

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 05:57:54 -0000

Rob:
> > It is generally accepted that feats granted by deities are of a
> > higher power order than Heortling Talents.
LC:
> And here is a question. Where does the system show this? Outside of
> ritual roles (and I'm not sure how that applies to Wizardry, to be
> honest), is there anything that separates the two? It does seem
that
> concentrating in common magic lets you do just about anything you
want
> to for cheaper than other approaches. Why take all those cult
> limitations?

Rob:
Well, in game those restrictions don't crop up in play. Remember that as a Devotee you can increase the feats by 1 for 1 individually. Also, when you spend 3/6 points to increase an affinity, you are increasing 5-8 feats on avergae, so a better deal.

With regards to power, I was thinking at the ability to teleport/ run up cliffs/ heal relationships/Decapitate Foe and all those kinds of things. Talents tend to be things like light fire/ hide in cover/ climb tree/ clean stove or whatever.

Rob:
> > I have a guy who is playing a solo game, and he is
> > playtesting a concentrated common magic Orlanth Initiate. It
will
> > be interesting to see how that turns out.
LC:
> Again, this confuses me. How is that possible? IF you concentrate
your
> common magic, you can't be an Orlanth initiate. At least, you
can't use
> affinities, right?

Really? Consults p.108 of the HQ rulebook. You could be right. Hopefully Roderick Robertson (as game developer) could give us his ruling.

Could be back to the drawing boared for me.....yikes!!

Regards
Rob