RE: Re: Eurmali Plausible?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:47:00 +0100

> So orlanthi can kill their legally bounded eurmali without
> justification?

As I understand it, yes. They might need some tenuous excuse, but it won't be hard to find.

> And after a chieftain has ended his heroquesting he
> will kill his eurmali?

Not necessarily. And in any case, HQing seems to be addictive :)

> Then bonding is no good for a trickster! he
> loses his freedom first and his life soon after...

But the alternatives may be worse. Losing his life immediately, and in a much worse way. *Keeping* his freedom.... It's worth remembering that Tricksters aren't happy jesters. They're insane, often self-hating, leading a miserable existance that isn't even on the fringes of society. I'd guess they often starve to death even if no-one puts them out of their misery - how do you hunt when you're hallucinating half the time? How do you stay warm in winter when you can't build a stead, have no-one to share it with, and don't have the foresight to realise you need firewood until the snow has already started to fall?