Re: sartar

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 18:34:09 -0000

But is the Incredible Hulk stronger than Superman? Who is more powerful, Humakt or Challana Arroy?

Seriously, it is once again a game of semantics. My take on the two words would be:

Roughly speaking I think most people would use hero for someone who goes and does extraordinary deeds, beyond what most of us would dare or could accomplish. Super heroes, roughly speaking, do impossible deeds, things that most of us couldn't even imagine doing.

By my definition, Sartar would then be a superhero, as would several earthly holy figures (assuming they did all that is attributed to them).

But really, who cares what you call them? They are so extraordinary, and beyond comparison, that they are each know by name, so who needs a category for them?

--Bryan