Re: Kargan Tor

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:47:49 -0000

This is one for the digest, but he tenders this before ducking the vorpal greatsword of the moderators!

There are, as we know, a hot pot of conflicting creation myths. The Introduction to Glorantha (book 5 of the Deluxe RQ3 set) P.12 gives the history of the runes, saying that the elements are the building blocks of the universe, and the world was created by the powers (the celestial court). Each has its own reason for being the first 'Rune'. RQ2 P.54 blurb about the death rune, citing the speration of the world from chaos as the first action in creation. These fundemental priciples I think remain unchanged in modern understanding of Glorantha although viewed by the differing prisms of the '4 ways' to undertsand the universe. I stand to be corrected of course.

Regards
Rob