Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:58:03 -0000

Oh dear. And it was me who totally championed the almost silly band of adventurers in the book. I think yes, HQ rulebook alone gives you exactly that sense now you mention it, and there is nothing wrong with that if it floats your boat!

> And
> I played a lot of Runequest too.

I never played nearly enough of RQ. I left school and that was basically the end of the campign. :-(

> In the book, it's
> easy to get new magic, easy to join temples, and
> concentrating your common magic seems like a great
> idea. In the version I see here, the world is a
> stricter, more xenophobic place (where wierd people
> meet each other all the time anyway) and there's some
> good reason to be a disciple.

Right on all counts Tony. If you read Thunder Rebels and the Sartar Rising books (particularly Barbarian Adventures) then you will get a flavour for where all these posts are coming from. But I emphasise, YGMV and good for you if it does!

> I run a game at home. It's actually fun and stuff.
> But certainly I have a hard time reconciling the HQ
> rules with list culture.

Yeah, but ....

> It might be best if I just go with the book and ignore
> you guys.

we hope that is not because you feel brow beaten!? The tribe can be zealous in their desire to offer advice and assistance! But its all done 'in the best possible taste!'

> Not that it's not amusing to talk about.

Great!