RE: Re: Improv. Feats.

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:31:10 -0400

Some people commented on improving feats

On Fri, 2005-29-07 at 08:29 +0100, Paul Andrew King wrote:

> I'd say for simplicity that Initiates get the feats on the standard
> list for their religions and can use their 100 words to add more.
> Substitution may be available by negotiation (probably involving a
> write-up of the Temple that teaches it with some sort of story why).
> (And I'd do the same for Devotees who want more or different Feats).

That's a bit what I mean with "you would have to tell me early on". Put it in your 100 words, or just negotiate out some substitution early.

On Fri, 2005-29-07 at 07:23 +0000, Rob wrote:

> I just would not allow it. Definately a 'yes, but...' here. Sure you
> can get that feat, find someone to teach you. And then we have the
> seed of a story/player driven scenario. 'Sure I'll teach you that if
> you.....'
>
> But give it out for free? No.

That's legitimate. Like I said, I probably wouldn't let someone just come up with it on the fly. That seems against the spirit of the rules.

But I'd be willing to let them set it up early in char gen.

LC