Sartar

From: markmohrfield_at_...
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:46:14 -0000

Peter Metcalfe
>>We are not talking about whether the Heortlings regard him as
a superhero* but about whether he is _objectively_ one**. the crude criterion being whether he can hold a candle to Harrek and JarEel in terms of DP statistics.<<

This would require all superheroes to be warriors, I think Elamle-ata disproves this. Dragon Pass is a wargame, and as such isn't going to reflect the powers of someone whose heroism is non-military.

>>All Orlanthi know some hero of this

kind and I can't see what makes Sartar stand out from the rest.<<

Martin Dick's conversation with Sandy Peterson would seem to indicate that Sartar was unusual in that his achievements were made with relatively little violence.

>>He's not that extraordinary. Look up Hendreiki and the Larnsti
of Heortland (Glorantha: Intro p142-3).<<

But p143 also states that Sartar was the only man to ever negate the curse that kept the Larnsti confined to Heortland, albeit at the price of never being able to return to that land.

                                                    Mark Mohrfield